Welcome message

Browse around. Discover my thoughts about
life, my family, friendships, special-needs kids,
healthy living, adoption,
books and philosophy.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Ministry Changes

Current mood: ecstatic

There are some exciting ministry changes going on for us. My husband and I are teaming up! So in preparing for this change in ministry, we have had to let some things go. Among other things, Sam is giving up the 'greeter team' at church. Just recently I've had to break the news to our youth group leaders team that I'm having to give that up--that was a tough one for me. Not only that, but I'm having to just say, "no," to some other things as well. You know, those things that always seem to come up because something or someone is needing some support or added attention (and you know you aren't the only one that can do it) kinda- things. And, if you know me, I am always wanting to help if I can and I've always got something in the works.

But, God is stirring in our hearts. We see a need, an opportunity to impact our community. So we're excited for what God is about to do--in us and through us. We feel like 'starting a new ministry' involves planning and preparations than just the usual "here I am to serve" posture. We're packing up our defensive (against the principalities) and we're seeking re-inforcements--mentors, prayer warriors and accountability partners.

It's interesting that as I write this I am thinking of a lot of people, our friends, who have had big changes happen to them--
many have had to move away; for others, life has changed dramatically for them in some other ways. It really seems that God is positioning His people strategically for a greater work. And, in some ways, I see that satan is trying his usual tactics to discourage and distract. But, the good news is, God does not relinquish the authority. The victory has already been won though Christ. God is gracious to use anyone willing to follow, even us, in reaching others in that big world for Him.

I will write more about this again soon, after a few more things are finalized. I didn't want to really say a whole lot more before we get a chance to talk to PJ about the details. Karin is excited and very supportive, as I think Jim will be, too.

And I know, for the students that I've worked with, this will have come as a surprise. I have loved working with S.U.S.H.I. and enjoyed meeting all your friends and seeing you grow in your relationship with Christ! Even more, I am still here. I'm not going anywhere. So you're always welcome to continue hanging out at my house. We love having you guys over! And we can still do lunch at our house or do some more beach trips and all that's cool and fun under the sun! You are a blessing to me and I don't want to give up our friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment