So many friends I know are having babies; it's unreal! But don't get too excited yet; we are not expecting another baby. Even after our 3 kids, we have felt, though, that our family was not done growing. We have always planned that one day we would like to adopt. It still surprised me the other day when Sam brought the subject up and was interested to know when we should start adopting! Well, with all the kids being school-aged, why not right now?...Like right away!
So we did some calling, and the paperwork to begin the process is being mail to us. We are all so excited!!
Since I was so blessed in being adopted and there are many in my family who have adopted, I have always understood it to be an incredible ministry of love. Do you realize that there are millions of children around the world who are without a parent? I found out that UNICEF estimates that there are over 132 million orphans in the world today living without a permanent family. In the United States alone, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services says, there are over 129,000 children waiting for a daddy and mommy. If you ever thought that adoption was in your future, I simply want to encourage you to go for it.
I kinda feel like Annie Warbucks, only on the other side of it, now. We are praying and dreaming of our new "forever" kids. Our heart is to adopt a sibling group of older kids between the ages of 3 to 11 years old. Noah wants a slightly older brother, but not too old--not a teenager. So maybe add 2 boys and a girl to balance out the girls and boys? We really don't know what our family will look like in the future. But it is fun to think about. We are trusting that God has an exciting plan for us and He will bring us the right mix of kids.
Please pray for us as we go into the process. Pray for timeliness, for continued peace, for fortitude in getting things done that need to get done, for a healthy transition into a new life, and for as few complications as possible.
I will keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment