This song practically doesn't need musical accompliament. But the melody is amazing, too. Here are the lyrics:
O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder, consider all the worlds Thy hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder--Thy power throughout the universe displayed.
Chorus:
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee;
How great Thou art! How great Thou art! (2x)
When through the woods and forest glades I wander, and hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees--
When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur, and hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze;
Chorus:
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee;
How great Thou art! How great Thou art! (2x)
And when I think that God, His Son not sparing, sent Him to die; I scarce can take it in--
That on the cross, my burden gladly bearing, He bled and died to take away my sin.
Chorus:
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee;
How great Thou art! How great Thou art! (2x)
When Christ shall come with shout of acclamation and take me home, what joy shall fill my heart!
Then I shall bow in humble adoration, and there proclaim, my God, how great Thou art!
Welcome message
Browse around. Discover my thoughts about
life, my family, friendships, special-needs kids,
healthy living, adoption,
books and philosophy.
Monday, November 13, 2006
my favorite hymn of all
Current mood:
contemplative
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment