Welcome message

Browse around. Discover my thoughts about
life, my family, friendships, special-needs kids,
healthy living, adoption,
books and philosophy.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

gmail tools/features for google group?

I was puzzled that the techies at Google haven't built gmail tools and
features into Google-groups email capabilities. Will this change soon?
Is there anything in the works that will allow Google groups to email
and operate the same as a typical gmail account. It would be nice to
see calender, photos, and google docs and spreadsheets feature
incorporated into google groups. The issue is two folds.

As I manage my own google group, I've only been able to email from the
groups' email via the new "Custom From Addresses" feature. Otherwise,
the only option members have to communicate is from the members to the
group. It seems that the group's communication isn't free flowing
(back and forth) between members and "the group" account.

For the full benefit of uses, I went to the trouble of setting up a
"gmail account" for my group. Effectively, there are two active email
accounts for the group.The alternate email would, theoretically, be
used so that members could be using the other tools and features that
Google gmail offers. I think this is significant because then the
member can contribute creatively and collectively ( i.e. working on the
calender, photos, docs & spreadsheets, etc. for the group).

It may be that I've just missed something. I may be totally wrong
about this. I am new to managing a group. Does anyone know
about this?

No comments:

Post a Comment