Welcome message

Browse around. Discover my thoughts about
life, my family, friendships, special-needs kids,
healthy living, adoption,
books and philosophy.

Monday, October 22, 2007

magnanimous

The scene in our house was Sam in bed reading books with the kids. I am in the bathroom, getting ready for bed, and brushing my teeth. Allie comes up and stands in the doorway of the bathroom, cute as ever. She has this duplicitous grin and chuckles a little.

I asked her what was funny. She told me that daddy told her not to go to the bathroom! (chuckling again) And there she was amused at herself at the achievement of seemingly getting away with overt disobedience. And really, what was I going to do about this misdemeanor? There I was, toothbrush in mouth, totally beside myself.

I hate these mommy-moments: when the fate of the world and the shaping of mankind rests squarely on my feeble attempts to somehow impose a most resolute and astute authority against such depravity of this little imp (all dressed in pink, of course).

Oh the angst!! My heart wants to defend, "this is not her!! my little darling is not really like this. what has come over her? where has the innocense gone? please tell me there is still hope; she is not completely lost." But what does my head think? It hardly knows what to say. What can be said?

(more later...)

No comments:

Post a Comment