I plan on making a time line for my wall this week!! I don't want this to be a long, involved process. I got this super easy idea from a friend:
Here is my experience with a wall timeline. It took me YEARS to
finally get one up, until I just decided to keep it very simple, a
long piece of white paper with a black line down the middle! AH HA!
I have a very small wall space we use, so I cut the length
accordingly and when we finish one section, we move it up on the wall
and start a new section at the children's level. Others have used
doors, and made their timeline up and down. The paper I used was a
white roll from the office supply store and I had my husband cut it
in half with a saw! Add the figure and the date as you go.
We started our timeline with An Island Story, then began adding on
figures from American History (This Country of Ours) when we got
there. Along the way, we would occasionally add one from Trial and
Triumph. In the beginning, we could not add anything more current
than our history study, if they wanted something more current on a
timeline they would add it to their Book of the Centuries.
I used to waste a lot of time in a school day trying to find and
print, from the Internet, figures (characters or events from our
readings)that they wanted. This year, as we come across a new
character or event, I write it down on the side of our schedule,
(which I always have with me in a notebook) and later on that day or
that week, after school, on my own time, I create the timeline
figures. Then I bring them out the following week to add to the
timeline and have found this a great review system. (God continually
inspires me to new and better ways of homeschooling, it, and I, are
in process!)
I find my timeline figures by just doing a search for that person or
event, and use a picture or sometimes just words and a date. In case
you do not know how to copy a picture from the internet this is what
you do, right click over the image, click copy, paste to your word
processor, add text, viola!
Hope this helps some, Rachelle
A couple good sites I found for timeline pics are:
http://www.nashfordpublishing.co.uk/monarchs/index.html
http://www.cidadevirtual.pt/poge/kings/index.html
No comments:
Post a Comment