Welcome message

Browse around. Discover my thoughts about
life, my family, friendships, special-needs kids,
healthy living, adoption,
books and philosophy.

Saturday, September 06, 2008

mitzvot bein adam l'havero

I am uncertain of what I should do. On the one hand, I love Hashem and want so much to be a Jew. Along with that, I am willing to let go and divorce myself from a misleading marriage--all in exchange for a life more devoted to Hashem and the Jewish faith and traditions.

On the other hand, I am beginning to wonder if I should offer an explanation of the Jewish faith to Sam so that he might come to know the one true G-d and reject the Christian faith.

But, a part of me is not sure I want to or am ready to move forward in that way--it is hard to TRUST that Sam will really understand & accept Hashem and the Jewish faith and traditions.

I am not even sure he is ready to reject Christianity in the first place. If anything, I thought he would have already asked me about converting altogether. But, understandably, he hasn't.

The most beautiful and attractive thing about Jewish friends is mitzvot bein adam l'havero. I love most the G-d I see in them and their deeds of friendship. I hope they will continue to be available to teach me more about Judaism.

No comments:

Post a Comment