I don't know if you even know who Travis Barker is, but he was in a plane crash. He's somewhat famous now, but I've known him since 3rd grade. We were in choir together all throughout elementary school, junior high and high school. When I was on drill team in Jr. High, he was in band and played the drums, of course. We were in a few musicals in Jr. and Sr. High, also. Now, he is arguably the best drummer in America today. He's had his own show on MTV and has founded several successful companies. He's pretty talented.
Do you know how awful it is to read on yahoo news that an old friend or someone you use to know almost died? I thought he did die, until I read the whole story! I am praying that he recovers from his burns. That kind of thing makes me wish I had tried to reach out more--there's this weird feeling that the world lost a special person, a small empty feeling that one person I knew use to fill. Of course now I know that he is alive and is in the hospital, expected to recover. But it was a sad, awful feeling that I had. And then, to think that he may be laying there thinking about how he survived when 4 of the 5 people with him didn't, that is dramatic too.
Do you know how awful it is to read on yahoo news that an old friend or someone you use to know almost died? I thought he did die, until I read the whole story! I am praying that he recovers from his burns. That kind of thing makes me wish I had tried to reach out more--there's this weird feeling that the world lost a special person, a small empty feeling that one person I knew use to fill. Of course now I know that he is alive and is in the hospital, expected to recover. But it was a sad, awful feeling that I had. And then, to think that he may be laying there thinking about how he survived when 4 of the 5 people with him didn't, that is dramatic too.
Anyway, I feel better now having said all that. It just surprised me and that kind of thing does make a person think. Please pray for me as I will be flying home from Boston tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment