I went to the Jewish Center today. I am so encouraged. I got the name of a Rabbi who typically helps with conversions. They gave me his house number and I left a message there. Later I checked the website for the shul office number and talked with someone there that said he would probably call me tomorrow. The shul website is www.shulbytheshore.com (it is in Belmont Shores on PCH). The lady was very nice after I explained that I was wanting to convert and was looking for someone to connect with in my area. She said that the Rabbi lived in my area and was associated with the Lubavitch Center and he had a daughter (with a family) that also lived near me, too. She wants me to find her on Saturday and she would introduce me to these people.
I am excited about this weekend. I hope to find someone who will help me observe the High Holidays. I am looking for more Jewish friends. Things seem to be going well.
No comments:
Post a Comment