Have you heard of Shlomo Carlebach, the Singing Rabbi? I want to go and buy one of his CDs. At Shabbos Dinner at the Bookstein's, they sing a lot of Shlomo Carlebach songs. There are a few Israelis that go to Shabbat...And a few black-hat orthodox. It is a lot of fun.
I am also going to buy the book, "The Guide for the Perplexed" by Rambam.
I wonder if Sambuca is kosher? I had some at Diana's house, which I really liked. And then it occurred to me that it might not be kosher.
I am going to start taking my kids to Shul with me next week. I am pretty excited. I want them to learn and know about Judaism.
I have talked with Cal State Long Beach a little about getting a 2nd Baccalaureate in Jewish Studies. The Religious Studies' department head called me back and suggested that I may need to talk with Admissions about 2nd Baccalaureate. I may not be able to something like that there. The UC schools are more likely to let me get a 2nd Baccalaureate. And so I might just have to look at other options like a Master's in something else.
Maria is in school now. I don't like taking the kids to public school. But, I just know that it is a control issue with me. I really just need to let Hashem take care of it, them, me. So that makes me feel better.
I read somewhere that synagogues are called shuls and not temples. It has a little to do with the the original Temple in Israel.
I went to the library at the Jewish Federation in LA. I want to bring the kids back here for the museum and the children's library, sometime. I checked out a few cds, a dvd, and a book for the kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment