Welcome message

Browse around. Discover my thoughts about
life, my family, friendships, special-needs kids,
healthy living, adoption,
books and philosophy.

Monday, December 08, 2008

ticket, siddur, class

So I woke up very early with so many thoughts in my head. I jotted them down really quick and went back to bed. Then I woke up again. I was planning on going to LBC so that I could work on the divorce papers at the Court house's free clinic. I was too tired to try and leave by 6:15 a.m. I decided to do some other useful thing with my day (like write and study) and so I went back to bed to get some better rest. I woke up at 9 a.m. and realized that it was Monday and my car was parked on the wrong side of the street for street sweeping. (note to self: I think that is the benefit of moving to an apartment with a garage!) Sure enough, I had a ticket on my windshielf - $55. Oh well. It's all good. I am glad to have a car and money to pay for the ticket.

I am excited because I recently got a weekday siddur. I started davening at home, today. Did you know that women are not required to do time-obligated prayers? But I did a lot anyway; although not the whole thing. I am so encouraged by my prayer time. I said my morning blessings (the long one, not just the Monah Ani) and the Shemoneh Esrei of Shacharis (only the individual and not the one for a minyan). My plan is to do those every morning this week.

I went to R' Heller's class last night at AISH. It was very good. All of it is true, from my perspective. I took LOTS of notes. I kind of had an inkling on the sorts of things I did wrong is marrying so young. I was so naive. But, until I actually heard R' Heller say a lot of the things he said last night, I wasn't really certain if what I felt was actually right. Now, it feels nice to know what I did that was wrong and it is liberating to know what is right. There was so much information. If he has the class again, I think I will probably try and go to it.

I really feel comfortable at AISH. I like their service and the classes. I only wish there was another woman there that I knew. I will have to try and go to a women's group/event and see if I make some new friends.

I am gonna try and work a little on some paper work I have to get finished. And I plan on writing some. I want to go to the bookstore this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment