Welcome message
Browse around. Discover my thoughts about
life, my family, friendships, special-needs kids,
healthy living, adoption,
books and philosophy.
Saturday, July 23, 2011
Car Camping
I've taken the kids camping before, plenty of times...But, last night Noah wanted to see what it was like to sleep in the car. We drove up the coast and decided to camp out in my car for the night. I love that spirit of adventure and feel it's so vital for them. I didn't sleep much but it was a lot of fun and we created a beautiful memory. In some ways I find it more and more difficult to attach to the same freedom we use to have in America. There are so many rules and regulations. I felt so deviant, like I was bucking the system. It was fun to climb back into their childish world again and feel like anything is possible if you just go with your heart and test the limits of some random dream you have. My son said he was always wanting to do that. The hardest thing is sharing them with their dad, even though I know it's the right thing to do, for sure. I just miss them when they are away. But I also like the time to myself, a bit. It has really lent itself to becoming who I am now. Everything happens for a reason, I suppose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment