Welcome message

Browse around. Discover my thoughts about
life, my family, friendships, special-needs kids,
healthy living, adoption,
books and philosophy.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

My present feelings and contemplations of 4 major Art Movements.

I started investigating the history of art for myself by checking out videos on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0fnr95awXA&index=3&list=PL5ySCtNf30GjOIgKowK_O45AORVJRyqda

I see now that I have a definite opinion of which art movements I do like and which I don't like. I am learning the language by which others use to describe and categorize art. I am curious how this relates to my personality. I am commenting in my mind what I would like to include or exclude in my own art. While I can find something to appreciate in all the movements, it is hardest for me to relate and find personal connection with the Expressionism movement. In general, Impressionism and Art Nouveau seem to suit my personality well. I would like to learn to create some artwork in the flavour of these movements just for fun and experimental studies. In the end, I would love to someday, somehow incorporate DS subjects into all these movements.

No comments:

Post a Comment