Welcome message

Browse around. Discover my thoughts about
life, my family, friendships, special-needs kids,
healthy living, adoption,
books and philosophy.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

25 random things

by Heather Stuart Warren on Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 12:05am

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)

1. When I was a kid, I collected party napkins--birthday prints, floral prints, special occasions and holidays, etc. Sometimes I regret not saving my collection. And every once in a while, I take a napkin home from somewhere just to keep for a while. They make me feel happy.
2. My ultimate favourite sport is Volleyball.
3. I use to sew quite a bit. I've made clothes, quilts, curtains, etc.
4. I am ambi-dexterous.
5. English is not my native tongue. I was not born in USA and I have an expired green card.
6. I have a growing collection of Library cards from different cities I've been to.
7. I might admit I was a cheerleader in high school; but only a few people on fb would know, for sure.
8. I've sung on stage with Travis Barker many times.
9. I believe in reincarnation of human souls. And Kayla and Adam Melech have inspired me to want to believe in power of horoscope signs.
10. I've only colored my hair once and that was in Mexico. One Mexican lady in the village where I was staying wanted to dye my hair with henna. How could I resist? I felt so rebellious.
11. I discovered, while in Oklahoma in 1994, that I could multi-roll my tongue. It changed my life. I might be able to teach you, but I really believe it's a special giftedness that can't be taught.
12. I love to play pool. I use to stay up until 4 AM playing pool when I was in college.
13. I've flown a plane, even while not reaching the pedals. ; )
14. I, like Karlissa, hate milk...because, after school, my mother use to make me drink the warm milk that was left in my thermos. But, I still love icecream and cheese and white condiments.
15. I enjoy keeping the "u" in English words like favourite, colour, etc.
16. Someday I hope to discover 'why' the Pythagorean theorem works; which is different than 'how' it works.
17. My favourite teacher in high school was Mr. Gelfand, my Economics teacher. And I was his teacher's aid.
18. I want to learn to play the drums and the guitar. I took violin and piano lessons when I was a kid, but I still would love to learn to play them proficiently.
19. I periodically change my favourite colour. Currently I am into purple. Before that it was Orange. When I was a kids, I loved blue for the longest time...and then I went on to green. I just never stayed with the same color for too long.
20. I would rather travel around the world than own my own home...not that I wouldn't mind owning a house as an investment.
21. I love living in LA. Someday I'd like to live in NYC, even if just for a year. Actually, I'd love to live in many places for just a year...Israel, Sydney, Cambridge, Toronto, etc.
22. Albert Einstein is one of my heroes. His depth in imagination just blows my mind.
23. I have a competitive streak in me. I play a mean game of Chinese Checkers. I love playing scrabble.
24. I have seen all three High School Musical films and I plan to buy the trilogy when it comes out.
25. Someday I hope to publish a book...after I write it, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment