Welcome message

Browse around. Discover my thoughts about
life, my family, friendships, special-needs kids,
healthy living, adoption,
books and philosophy.

Friday, September 26, 2008

talk with Rabbi on the phone

I talked to Rabbi Perelmuter from Shul by the Shore and I am very excited! He was so personable and asked lots of questions and seemed interested in helping me. He asked me to tell him a little about myself and how I became interested in Judaism. I told him a lot of stuff and he listened and was encouraging. I told him that I grew up in an Christian home and that I wanted to convert and about my parents and that I didn't believe that Jesus was G-d. I told him that I've been to a couple of Shuls and that I was in Boston a couple of weeks. He said he moved here from Boston 20 years ago. He asked about my family. I told him that I was in the process of getting a divorce. I told him about my kids and that I wanted them to convert as well. And I told him that I didn't know a lot of people who were Jewish and that I needed to connect with more people. He told me that I was choosing to convert to the most observant of Judaism and that it would be a lot of work. And I said that I understood and that I have been reading a lot. And he said that I should come to the service and introduce myself and that we should schedule a time when we could meet in his office. He said that he would be very busy with the High Holidays and that we should schedule something after Yom Kippur. I don't even remember everything that was said, but he was so helpful and nice. I am so very happy! I can't wait.

Here is a video clip of the Rabbi. He reminds me of Tevye from Fiddler on the Roof, with his voice and manner of speaking.


I have to go get Noah from school. Have a good weekend!

-Heather



No comments:

Post a Comment