Welcome message

Browse around. Discover my thoughts about
life, my family, friendships, special-needs kids,
healthy living, adoption,
books and philosophy.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Manic Monday in Boston

Earlier today Diana and I went to the aquarium. It is the smallest aquarium I've ever been to. But it got Diana and Eva out of the house. We had lunch there and then Diana took Eva home for a nap.

I went back over to Brookline again, today. I lost my mapbook at the Jewish bookstore there, yesterday. Well, I didn't find it (I probably lost in on the train), but it gave me a chance to talk with someone about the Rabbis in the area. Whilst I was talking to the bookstore man, he gave me a Jewish Guide to the area and wrote notes in it about who were the Orthodox Rabbis in around Brookline and which ones were close to the Train stops, etc. That was incredibly helpful.

I also bought some kid-books for the kids about Judaism. I asked the man about a transliterated Siddur. He gave me a nice Siddur and I bought it, but I neglected to check to see if it was transliterated (which it wasn't). I will have to go back and exchange it. The bookstore guy also located the book, "26 Reason Why Jews Don't Believe in Jesus" which I decided to buy. I can't wait to start reading it tonight.

After that little excursion, I decided to go to the Library in Brookline to read a little. They only let you go on the computer for 15 minutes so then I came to the Boston Public Library in downtown to go online. This library is beautiful!

Well I promise Diana that I would do some more sightseeing...and already it is almost 7 and I haven't a clue what I will go and do in the area, next. I told her that I was going to go on a trolley tour and a cruise tomorrow.

I also bought and am reading a book, "Choosing a Jewish Life" by Anita Diamant. And I have been reading "Being Jewish" by Ari L. Goldman (he studied in Israel, at Shalom Hartman Institute and @ the Jerusalem Fellows and other places). I am reading other books--as many as I can get my hands on but I don't remember the titles.

I finally looked up the name of that professor in LA, Shai Cherry. He teaches at the Jewish University of LA--which I didn't know existed.

Diana and I have been talking a lot. It is nice to stay up and sit on the back porch with our cups of hot tea and talk with an old friend. Or sometimes we will cozy up in the sitting room.

No comments:

Post a Comment